Called 2016 – Middle Temple
2015 – 2016 University of the West of England – BPTC – Outstanding
2016 – ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator
2008 – 2011 University of the West of England – LLB (Hons) Law
AWARDS AND PRIZES
• Campbell Foster Prize
• Middle Temple Certificate of Honour
• Middle Temple Young Barristers Association Autumn Advocacy Competition Winner
• Western Circuit Advocacy Prize
• Bristol Institute of Legal Practice Tutors’ Prize for the Best Overall Performance on the BPTC 2016
• 11th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition 2016 in Paris – Highest Ranked British Team.
• The Worshipful Company of Arbitrators’ Mediation Competition (London) – Winner 2016.
Helen was taken on as a pupil at 1 High Pavement and has become a tenant having successfully completed her pupillage.
Upon graduating in 2011 Helen spent 3 years working with horses, both here in the UK, and also living and working abroad in Australia and New Zealand before returning to complete the Bar Professional Training Course.
Prior to commencing pupillage, Helen worked as a County Court Advocate which involved managing her own caseload, conducting research and making submissions in a variety of civil matters. In addition to courtroom advocacy, she frequently drafted documents and negotiated settlements.
Since joining Chambers, Helen has enjoyed a busy criminal practice based on the Midland circuit. She now routinely defends and prosecutes in a variety of Court centres across the circuit in Crown Courts, Magistrates Courts and Youth Courts.